Bruce Hwy crash victim identified after vigilante convoy seen chasing truck

Bruce Hwy crash victim identified after vigilante convoy seen chasing truck

A 26 year old man killed in a head on crash on Queensland’s Bruce Highway has been identified as Andre Roberts as investigators look into claims a group of vehicles had been following the truck involved.

Police said an Isuzu truck was travelling the wrong way in the northbound lanes at Burpengary, north of Brisbane just after 10.30pm on Tuesday, February 17, 2026 when it collided with Mr Roberts Honda.

Mr Roberts died at the scene. The truck driver, a 46 year old Redcliffe man whp remains in hospital in a critical condition.

Detective Inspector David Harbison said police had received reports that the truck was being followed before the crash.

He said several vehicles were involved earlier but most drove off before the truck entered the highway. Police are focusing on one vehicle they suspect stayed with the truck as it drove against traffic.

Police later located a Ford Ranger at a business on Magnesium Street in Narangba about 5.30pm on Wednesday, seized it for forensic examination and spoke to its driver.

A 42 year old man assisted police with enquiries and has been released with no arrests made.

Investigators allege the Isuzu had been stolen in Hemmant on February 9 and had been linked to the theft of scrap including copper and other metal.

Police said the truck struck a barrier near the Burpengary weighbridge before the collision, spilling what officers described as stolen items.

Mr Roberts partner and friends described him as a kind man with a big smile. They said he was on his way home from work when he was killed.

Police are urging anyone who saw the Isuzu or other vehicles or who has dashcam footage to come forward.

Harbison said that “If you have real evidence and dashcam please come forward, don’t just comment on Facebook and social media.”